Every user who comes to your site and engages with a bot will be created with a list of User Properties. Some of the properties that are available in your account when you sign up are:
- First and Last Name
- Email Address
- Phone Number
- Created Date
- Last Seen Date
Most of these properties can be updated based on a user's response in a bot making Instabot a powerful lead generation tool.
Save User Properties
In addition to the properties above, you can create new properties that are custom to your business. No matter if you are creating new or want to update an existing property, you set the property to save the response as, right in the node editor.
- Select the "Save the user's response to their profile" checkbox
- Select the desired property from the dropdown.
- OR; Create a new property by typing in the name and selecting the "Create New User Property" link.
Now all responses to this node will be saved to the user's profile so you can analyze and segment the users as needed.
Inserting a User Property as Dynamic Message Text
You can add User Properties as dynamic text in your bot message to engage returning users. For example, to address a user by their Full Name (presuming you had saved it previously):
- Select the ID card icon underneath your message prompt
- Search and select the list of User Properties for "Full Name"
- The dynamic variable for Full Name will be inserted into the message field.